Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Uppercase Magazine...

Hello and welcome to the first post of my new blog...

I have just started the Make Art That Sells course with Lilla Rogers, I did start this a few years ago but accidentally fell in love and couldn't keep up with the course.  Sooo... at the beginning of this year I decided I was ready to jump back into Lilla's 'make art that sells' world again!!!

This is my submission for the Uppercase Magazine assignment... we were asked to illustrate who we are as a creative for a possible editorial spot in the Uppercase Magazine {my most favourite magazine in the world}.  

{and the world spins madly on... submission for Uppercase assignment}

I feel imagination is an important part of my creative process and I have tried to incorporated this… {all the wispy white dreamy bits}.  So this is me all packed up and ready to go on a journey to the far north where I want to be a full time illustrator.

A few people have asked about where the rabbit comes from... When I was little I had two special friends, a toy rabbit called Rabbit and an imaginary friend called January who looked a bit like Abraham Lincoln.  Unfortunately the latter disappeared soon after my little brother was born… but I still have Rabbit.

I am very excited to say I was lucky enough to be picked for the live review by the wonderful Lilla Rogers and Janine Vangool (editor of Uppercase) such a lovely surprise! Lilla said she thought my piece was very pretty and she also liked my colour palette.  It was a nice feeling being picked and has inspired me to create some other works around this theme... moving to the Far North {shown below}





{the above three are still being worked on 
but I thought I would share them as they are so far...}





1 comment: